Monday, October 3, 2011

M's Big World

It's been pretty busy lately for all of us. It's important to me for M to get out and be apart of things. I feel like even the littlest babies need to be out seeing new things, smelling new smells, and hearing new sounds. Which is why I love to take M outside even if it is just a walk around our neighborhood. I point things out to hear and describe what we see. The tall tree with red and orange leaves. The white dog barking in it's yard. You get the point.

So now that my time off is coming to an end I wanted to do some big things together. I can't imagine not having these past twelve weeks off. Wednesday is my first day back to work and I couldn't be more nervous. Luckily there is an end in sight and come January I should be back home with her. I have always wanted to be a stay at home mom, but when I was pregnant I flipped and decided I wanted the baby and the career. Now that I have the baby I just want the baby.

A couple weekends ago we all went to the Renaissance Festival with my sister, brother in law, and their four month old son. M loved it. Her favorite part seemed to be the parade. Her eyes were like saucers with all the brightly colored costumes and horses walking by. She had the biggest smile, and it made me so happy to be able to share that with her.

My favorite part of the day was her getting distracted by a fire juggler and me unknowingly flashing my boob to several strangers walking by. At least the worse thing that could happen while nursing in public has happened. It wasn't that bad.



All summer I've been taking M to the park as much as I can. It's been so insanely hot this summer that it wasn't always possible. My sister and I have been big on having picnics with the babies. Luckily today was beautiful out so we went for one last hoorah. We spread out blankets and laid out some toys. After we ate our lunches we took the babies to the little playground. They both loved the swings. I love seeing M as she discovers new things. Her little mind tries so hard to wrap itself around things.



All I can do is hope that these next three months fly by. I just want to be able to wake up with M right by me and know that we have the whole day just to be together.

No comments:

Post a Comment