Friday, October 21, 2011

Nature Lovin' Hippie Baby

I hope so anyways. I don't care what Molly wants to be like when she gets older. With that said I do try to sway her to the hippie side. The light side as I like to call it. I do this by playing a lot of Marley and such in and out of the womb, reading her hippie like children's lit, and other small but hopefully impactful ways. Now let's get this straight. If she grows up to be an ax men and vote republican it will sting, but I'll still be proud.

So part of my parenting approach is to get her outside as much as possible. She loves being outdoors. I hope she carries that with her. Sometimes I feel like I need more of that in my life too.

Thursday I left work early, because she pooped through all five of her cloth diapers so that was our cue to leave since I had four hours of work left. (lesson learned) Since we had so much day left I drove out to the conservation to take her on a nature walk. We brought along the Mei Tai and my new camera that is now my new favorite thing ever. To make it easy for her to see and me to click away I put her in a back carry. Man, I love back carries. It just feels so right.

She lasted about five minutes before passing out. It was amazing. I'm hoping the weather holds up and we'll be out again soon. To me it's important for her to get out and experience what the world has to offer. It's important for her to be up at my level so she sees the world from that view. So here are some shots of what she saw.





No comments:

Post a Comment