Sunday, July 7, 2013

Dora Party Success

I know a lot of people will look at these pictures and think "that's not all out," but for me this is going all out. I am not a DIY crafty person. I hate hosting parties. I get more stressed than probably necessary. When I got Molly's party stuff in the mail I was pretty happy with just doing that. Then all of a sudden I just started making crap. Ok not a lot, but enough for me to feel like I tried more than usual. I think part of me wanted to make up for this....


Yes. Her 80s themed 1st birthday. It seemed like a really good idea at the time. Pretty much we all dressed up and everyone drank beer but me since I was pregnant. I didn't take many pictures because sometimes I can get carried away and not be in the moment. I didn't really do much of anything for it.  To her the 1st birthday was a hit since there was some paper on the ground.

So now that she was turning 2 I really wanted to make a big deal out of it since she is now aware that something is going on. It was a blast. I am still half dead from it, but it was so much fun. There was a big turn out, she is set when it comes to Dora, and most of all she had fun. After food and presents I had water stuff outside for all the kids. Luckily it was a beautiful day. Everything just flowed.

Right now I can say next year we will order pizza and the "theme" will be whatever picture is on her cake. As cute as I thought it turned out I'm not convinced it was worth it. All the stuff I made and bought is just bunched up on the office floor. I don't know that having a few things out wouldn't have excited her just as much as the whole shebang. Next year I'll just avoid Pinterest as the day approaches so I don't feel like shit for not having my tables skirted with tulle and garland draping from the ceiling.

So here is Molly's day in pictures!

 









Not really how I pictured this picture going


Adam is from WI so beer is a must























My grandparents had to get her a trike after they saw the one I bought her and though it so really dumb

The so-called "praying mantis" the apparently only I think is cool


She would get the biggest grin when people would tell her happy birthday









No comments:

Post a Comment