Monday, July 7, 2014

Molly's 3rd Birthday

This weekend was seriously packed. I am completely warn out from it, but it was amazing and much needed. Usually when a weekend is packed for us it's with nothing fun, but this time we had so much awesome stuff planned. Above all Molly's 3rd birthday Saturday. 



On Thursday I got to go out with friends. We saw Tammy which was hysterical and then went to what else, Applebees. It's been some time since I've gone out.


Friday, the 4th, we went to the local fair. We spent three hours there. For our family that's a long time. Two little kids lose interest pretty fast. 






On Saturday we went to the parade which both girls loved. Natalie was in heaven. Then we went back to the fair and stayed 5 hours. The girls loved it. When we left I couldn't believe how long we had been there. It was nice having something to do for once. Usually anything fun is quite the drive. That night we went to a 4th of July party of some friends. The weather was perfect and my family was there also. There was a big pond that the kids played at. The girls ended up covered in mud. It ended with fireworks and Natalie was in awe. Molly could really care less. They hold her attention for a little while and then she was back in the dirt. That's my girl! 









We had Molly's party on Sunday. Of course it was a Frozen theme. We had it at my sister's house so we could make it a pool party. Molly had a blast. We had to keep calling her over to unwrap presents because she was too busy running around playing. It was a little bit of a stressful day getting everything together even though I didn't go all out by any means. This is the first time we have had a birthday somewhere other than our home. It's a bit of a chore! 


















That night was the city fireworks. We went to our usual spot with some friends. I brought along this awesome Frisbee thing I got off Amazon. The girls had so much fun with it. Molly learned how to throw it that night and whoever got to it first got to throw it. 











The weekend was perfect and Molly had so much fun. I can't believe I now have a preschooler. Molly seemed to wake up Saturday and be my social. She waved at everyone in the parade. At one point even going up to someone in it and showing them this thing she had got. Today she waved to the cashier. Maybe age 3 will get over some of that shyness she gets from her dad and I. 



In other big news Molly learned how to swim today! I am in shock. Obviously she wears a floatie vest, but she doesn't want me to hold on to her at all. It's surprising because last year she was so far from it. She would cling to me. Today was her second time in the pool this summer. 


I know it's only been three days, but so far three is awesome. Just look how beautiful she is! 


No comments:

Post a Comment