Saturday, January 7, 2012

Dear Molly,

I can't wrap my mind around the fact that six months have gone by. In some ways life has been on fast forward, and in others in slow motion. I've tried to savor each moment the best that I can in hopes to preserve them and make them last longer. The simple truth is that life goes by so fast and before you know it the days are years.

I never really knew what I'd grow up to be. I never really had set dreams on my career. The one thing I knew is that some day some how I would become a mom. Six months ago all my hopes and dreams came true when you were placed in my arms and I nursed you. I rubbed your hair and looked right into your eyes. The love that came to be in those first moments was something I will never be able to fully explain. My heart is tied to you. Your happiness is my happiness. Your dreams are my dreams. You so perfectly fit into my heart and my life. All of a sudden I was your mother and that meant more to me than anything ever could.

Watching you change and grow these past six months has been so fulfilling. You started rolling when you were two months old. You sat up on your own when you were four and a half. You crawled at five and half. Today you got yourself to sit up. Now you just do it over and over again. You're so strong and so smart. Your just the most impressive little creature I've ever had the pleasure of having in my life. To say we are proud of you is putting it mildly.

Even if you weren't doing these things or if you never did these things, we would be so proud of you. You exceeded all my hopes and expectations the day you were born. In my heart you will never do wrong. In my mind I have to keep you on course.

We love you. As amazing as these months have been, I can't wait to see what your life brings. I am so excited for your life, my love. With each day we see more of who you are and we love you, just the way you are.

These past six months have been a whirlwind and yet still the most peaceful months of my life. My heart is at ease even when my mind is racing with worry. The best way that I can pay you back for all that you have given me is to be the best mom that I know how to be. You deserve the world. With all my might I will give you every little bit that I can.

Love,
Mama


"For never before in story or rhyme
(not even once upon a time)
has the world ever known a you, my friend,
and it never will, not ever again."
































No comments:

Post a Comment