Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Sweet Natalie

In true second kid fashion it is February 3rd and I am writing that you have turned 2...on the 18th of January.

Natalie, sweet Natalie. You are such a little light. Your presence is just so calming. So uplifting. You are still a little lover. Loving on your baby cousin. Loving on us. You initiate all hugs and kisses before you walk out a door. You stare in awe of your sister.

You really are amazing. Since about 14 months you just started talking. In the next couple months you were saying everything. Repeating everything your sister said. It wasn't the funniest thing. No one could believe it because even though you were young to talk like that you are also so small. By one and a half you were communicating in sentences and having conversation. I still can't get over it. You little sponge. You sit and listen to us teaching Molly and now you count and know some letters. Little Nat just trying to be the biggest one in the room.

You are a little munchkin. You've got your mamas shape kid. No Leg Nat. When you run it's like Wile E Coyote with those little legs spinning around. You really are a hoot. I don't know how many times a day you have me laughing. Tiny, but mighty.

I think what stands out the most about you this past year is just how you listen. You really listen to us. Very few times have I had to really scold you. You're just so easy going.

You're loving and good Natalie. I pray your kind spirit never changes. I see you doing so much good in this world with the big heart you have. When I sit holding you and look in those big brown eyes I see that this isn't a phase. You may become defiant, but this is you. Deep down you are good. You have so much love you are willing to give.

I love you Natalie Sue. I love when I'm holding you and you lay so still and relaxed. It's like I can't tell where I end and you begin. You're just such a part of me.

Happy Birthday Natalie. You have no idea how excited I am for life with you in it.
















No comments:

Post a Comment