Friday, November 1, 2013

I really need to stop giving a shit about nap time...

because if not i'm going to hulk out. Who am I kidding, I already have. I just need to take a few breaths, calmly step away, say some prayers, and plan on a stiff drink after bed time.

We've been having this issue where I keep needing to be places in the evening and she keeps not wanting to nap and then I pray for patients and then over react and then feel worthless. It's a vicious cycle.

So here we are again. I'm stuck between you are two and need a nap and go have a kegger for all I care.

Should I care though? She's fine. She doesn't care. Is it worth me losing my cool and feeling like a terrible mom? If she still needs naps she'll learn after being dead tired at 5pm a couple times. Maybe.

Basically I'm writing this down so the next day and the day after that when I'm fighting to get her to sleep I can come back and reread my thoughts.

When she was a baby I followed her cues. Becoming two shouldn't change that. If her cues are that she is not napping then so be it. I WILL NOT LOSE MY HEAD BECAUSE YOU NO LONGER WANT TO NAP ON MY TIME. Ok, now I'll just be rocking in a corner saying this over and over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment